1. Order & Service Terms
- Once you are ready to proceed we send over a formal order confirmation detailing project outline, costs and full terms and conditions. The work to be carried out and amount to be charged shall be as set out in this Order Confirmation.
- We will only commence work on a project after receipt of cleared funds of the non-refundable deposit or fee quoted in the order confirmation. Payment constitutes your confirmation of order and acceptance of the terms of service.
- We require full 100% prepayment for orders below £2,000, 75% deposit for orders under £3,000 and a 50% deposit for orders over £3,000. For website orders over £3,000, a further 25% order progression stage payment is required.
- 100% prepayment is required for all print orders and website development projects carried out directly on clients own hosting environment.
- An express order fee will be added to urgent fast track orders. Also FULL 100% order prepayment is required prior to commencement.
- Quoted standard prices and time lines are valid for 14 days from issue date only. If you wish to confirm an order after this time then you must first enquire to see if the quoted price and delivery time is still valid. Discounted prices are provided at our sole discretion and not guaranteed for any period of time.
- For web & graphic design projects, we will make unlimited revisions until you are satisfied, however reserve the right at our discretion to charge extra for any additional work or major changes to the original brief. For any additional requests whether paid or included at our discretion, the project timeline will be extended accordingly to fit within our current work schedule.
- Quotes for website projects only include the pages and functions detailed in the order confirmation. A standard website page is a static web page with basic static content like text and images. Any other functionality like dynamic/moving content, slideshows, forms, galleries and alike are considered a special function and would be specifically listed in the order confirmation if they were included in the quote. It is important that you check your order confirmation to make sure it includes everything you require because all additional function requests would be charged as extra.
- For website projects all content i.e. any text, images, music, video files etc. must be provided to us for entry unless content writing, photography, image sourcing or media services are ordered in conjunction with your website. A standard website fee only includes the design and build of the site, along with one set of some initial data entry to show the website functions work as per the project brief agreed.
- We are not responsible for checking or sourcing any content i.e. we will not read your text and check for errors, edit your images or source any images or media unless this service has been ordered as extra. Content writing and image editing are general skills and it is not the responsibly of any website company to assist you with this. We may provide you with useful links that can offer advice but this would be out of goodwill. We would not support this and it is not our obligation to provide training for general skills of this nature.
- Quotes for website projects include only the data migration/entry listed in the order confirmation. If no set amount of data entry is specified then only ONE set of a few sample items/articles/products would be entered to show that the website functions work and are displayed and designed to your preference. As the amount of data migration/entry varies for every website project, it is always charged as an additional cost and this can be quoted for on request. Final content must be submitted ONCE using the provided website content form. Any subsequent changes required to content can either be quoted for or updated by yourself within the website system. Please note that the nature of CMS type websites is that they are managed by business administrators/owners so instructions are always provided so content can be self-maintained.
- Website content must be provided to us using our website content form and all additional files i.e. images and media should be prepared and sent to us in one batch in the required format specified via an agreed file transfer service such as dropbox or wetransfer. Additional fees may apply if you send your content unorganised in multiple emails as this would increase the processing time required. If any additional changes are required to content after the first set has been entered, then a login and instructions will be provided so you can make these updates yourself.
- All websites we create are built SEO friendly however Search Engine Optimisation is completely separate service to website design and development. SEO is an ongoing service and the cost would depend on the specific requirements of each site. Quotes can be provided on request.
- For photography projects, the images produced can only be used in accordance with the usage terms set out in order confirmation. Photographs will be provided in digital format only unless otherwise stated. The balance of photography orders must be paid in full before high resolution images can be released. Any copyright terms agreed will only be valid after full payment has been received.
- We can only keep to agreed deadline dates if you submit necessary content in the required format, via the method we specify and if you reply to any questions we have accurately and promptly. If you do not provide content and reply within a reasonable time then your project will need to re join the current work queue. Work queue times vary throughout the year but usually range from approx 1 to 4 weeks. Also for adhoc jobs we can only place your project in the work queue once deposit payment and required content has been received.
- The final payment balance for orders is to be paid in accordance with the invoice payment terms. For website projects this is required prior to launch.
- Final completed files will only be released and permission for use will only be granted after full cleared payment balance has been received. It is illegal to use any work provided by us that has not been paid for.
- In the event of late payment, we reserve the right to charge interest and take sites offline until the final balance is settled.
- If you are on a payment plan then instalments should be paid by the due dates set out in the Order Confirmation.
- If we receive no communications from you regarding the processing/finalisation of your project for a 2 month period and you make no effort to contact us to explain your non-communication then any deposit paid will be lost and you may still be liable to pay the full order amount. We levy a £150 admin charge if a client later returns and wishes to continue work on their project.
- If for any reason (business, personal or financial) you decide not to continue with your project you will still be liable to pay the full amount set out in the order confirmation as time would have already been invested to arrange resources and perform tasks for your project. At our discretion and depending on the individual circumstances and time of cancellation notification we may decide to offer a discount. Please note that appropriate action will be taken to recover all due amounts.
- Any fees paid for all services we provide are non-refundable, however we may at our discretion offer to apply any unused fees, less an administration charge against other services should your requirements change.
- We do not store or retain any client/project data, files or content after final completion of a job. After 30 days all project data and files are removed from our systems. You should ensure that you keep any important information and files supplied in a safe place and as standard carry out backups in case of any damage or loss to your devices. If for any reason you require any data or files to be resent after 30 days then we would need to quote you for recreating the work required.
- We treat information and details provided to us for use in projects as confidential; therefore we would not disclose such information unless required to byWe use such information for only the purpose instructed as required by the project. Information can be described as and includes: Invention description(s), technical and business information relating to proprietary ideas and inventions, ideas, patentable ideas, trade secrets, drawings and/or illustrations, patent searches, existing and/or contemplated products and services, research and development, production, costs, profit and margin information, finances and financial projections, customers, clients, marketing, and current or future business plans and models. After completion of a project we may choose to display work visuals i.e. a website design, logo design etc. on our website/marketing materials unless a special agreement has been put in place prior for us not to do so.
- Email is the recommended method of contact to ensure instructions are communicated in writing, should any issues arise.
- All timelines quoted are in working days i.e. not including weekends.
- Discounted services, special project terms and express services are provided only on the basis that a testimonial and link back is provided. Testimonials should be provided within 7 days of project completion otherwise the balance of the full standard price will be charged and due for payment within 10 days.
2. Website Design & Development
We build custom websites using the best CMS platform suited for the project. Working with well known CMS products provides clients with freedom and peace of mind as there are thousands of other companies and developers worldwide that could support the system.
The website home page design is initially prepared in static format for approval prior to live development. You have unlimited design revisions but any amendments to design must be advised and dealt with within the design stage. If any amendments are requested after design approval these will be chargeable as much more work and technical programming is required to change design aspects on a live website.
If it is necessary to use placeholder images on your website design drafts due to your own photographic images not being available yet then these should only be used for example viewing purposes. Website drafts containing placeholder images should not be publicly displayed or posted anywhere as it would be considered copyright infringement to use 3rd party images without permission.
We design websites to display acceptably with the latest versions of the current most popular browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and Safari. It is impossible to guarantee correct functionality with all browser versions and operating systems but we make every effort to ensure websites can be viewed by the majority of visitors.
Standard web development does not include mobile device compatibility. Ensuring full mobile device compatibility requires additional development and may even require a separate mobile device site to be built. Quotes do not include any mobile device compatibility or testing unless specified.
We build all websites search engine friendly and enter any global meta information supplied by yourself into the meta title and description of the website.
We create all websites with suitable security to protect against known threats at the time of build. Website hacks can never be 100% prevented as new ways to exploit sites are created every day (for example just like new computer viruses). In order to reduce the risk of your site being compromised it is recommended that you update your website security at least once a year. We strongly recommend you arrange for backup and security update services with us or with another experienced website technician/company to minimise the likelihood of a hack and the time required to restore should an exploit occur. Any work required to repair/restore a site after a hack would be quoted and charged for unless you have a website maintenance contract with us.
We have no control of, or responsibility for the content of your website. Should any legal issues or claims arise from the content or copyright of any content supplied they will be your sole responsibility.
You are the publisher of the website and will provide and own the copyright for all content published on your website. Copyright of the design and completed website pages, code and source files created for the project will only be passed to you upon final payment.
You are permitted to use the design on the one agreed website domain name only. You are not permitted to use the design for more than one website without prior written agreement (additional costs may apply).
Our website link will be placed at the footer of all custom websites created and designed by us unless prior written agreement is given to exclude. An extra charge may apply for link removal.
We provide hosted cart setup & customisation services. Hosted carts are 3rd party solutions and fees are payable to whichever hosted cart company you choose to use. All technical issues and usage support is looked after by the hosted cart company and you would contact them about ALL functionality related issues. We only provide services for the initial setup and customisation and our services can only be carried out within the limitations and default functions of the hosted cart system.
General Guideline to Web Design Process
* Once you are ready to proceed we send over a formal order confirmation detailing project outline, costs and full terms and conditions.
* We will only commence work on a project after receipt of cleared funds of the non-refundable deposit or fee quoted in the order confirmation.
Visualisation and Production:
* On commencement of the project we ask you to start preparation of the site content i.e. text, images, links etc. (we provide a useful content template form to help you organise everything).
* We prepare static home page design visuals for your approval.
* You have unlimited design revisions within the design stage.
* On design approval the design approval stage payment is due (if applicable to your order).
* We start work on back end development & configuration of the website to look like the approved page design/s.
Delivery Preparation & Acceptance Testing:
* We ask you to conduct tests, check over site and advise of any changes required.
* We test browser compatibility and configure/setup any remaining requirements.
Delivery and Completion:
* We ask you to check over the site and give final sign off.
* We require the final balance payment and hosting payment setup before going live (if applicable to your order).
Project Status Updates & Additional Requests:
* Status updates of your project will be made available to you on a regular basis or as requested.
* We submit a change order email and adjustment invoice for any additional requests beyond the original scope of the project.
Site Launch Support:
* We provide an extra quick response time should you have any issues or questions during your launch period.
* Functionality fix amendments provided promptly if/where required.
Ongoing Administration & Security:
* System is delivered with general administration instructions.
* Any future development can be quoted for on request. Monthly support plans are available if you require regular updates.
* We recommend annual security updates to keep your website secure as new scripts to compromise sites are created every day. The cost of security updates will depend on the size and complexity of your website but these start from £20 per month.
* We recommend that you back up your website regularly through your hosting control panel just in case you make unwanted changes to your site in error or if your site is ever compromised. If you prefer not to do this yourself then you can take advantage of our weekly backup services from £15 per month.
3. Website Domains & Hosting
- Renewal of hosting or domains is due on a yearly or quarterly basis depending on your package. The date of renewal will be detailed on the invoice issued. The hosting or domain will not be renewed if we do not receive payment by the due date or if no response is received from contact attempts. Automated renewal reminders will be sent via email only so you should ensure you update us if you change your email address. You will risk losing your website files, emails and domain name if payment for renewals is not received by the due date.
- For sites hosted with us, we reserve the right to deactivate any website where the hosting has expired. There will be an admin fee of £150.00 set for retrieving the website files and reactivating the website/hosting. Files can only be restored up to a certain time period, after this all files including emails would be permanently deleted from our servers.
- If a request is made to move a domain name to another registrar, we will charge an administration fee of £35.00 (this charge does not include any registration fees or amendments).
- Website hosting is a separate service to website design and there is no tie-in between the two. You have full access to your site files and hosting control panel functions.
- Web hosting can be upgraded or cancelled at any time by sending an email to: email@example.com. If upgraded, the difference between hosting packages will be charged (calculated over the remainder of the contracted year term). If cancelled any outstanding fees for past usage must be paid in full but there is no requirement to give notice or pay a cancellation fee. Any fees already paid for hosting services are non-refundable.
- As with all hosting companies we will use our reasonable endeavours to make hosting servers available all of the time. We cannot guarantee access to servers will be uninterrupted or error free but shall use reasonable endeavours to keep downtime to a minimum. We shall make all commercially reasonable efforts to provide you with advanced notification of any scheduled and emergency outages.
- Compensation or service credits are not given for any form of downtime or service unavailability.
- It is your responsibility to maintain appropriate and up-to-date back-up copies through your control panel of any data, information or other material you upload (or permit to be uploaded) onto our servers. It is not the policy of hosts to backup client sites so you should never rely on being able to obtain any form of back up, therefore it is important that you either carry out your own back ups or arrange for a back up service.
- Hosting control panel login information is sent out automatically once either the website project and/or hosting has been paid for in full. If for any reason you do not receive your login information then you should contact us to obtain this so you are able to access your hosting control panel successfully.
- In the event of any loss or damage to our servers, your sole and exclusive remedy will be for us to use reasonable commercial efforts to restore the data on our servers (including your material) from the latest back-up we maintained in accordance with our archiving procedure. We will not be responsible for any loss, destruction, alteration or disclosure of your Material caused by you or any third party.
- For Domains and Hosting not managed by us: It is your full responsibility to renew domain names and or hosting with the relevant companies when due. If a domain name or hosting expires, we cannot be held liable for any losses as we have no control over domain names and hosting not managed by us.
4. Contacting Creative Web Co / Kaiz Creative Agency
Our standard office hours are 10am to 5pm from Monday to Friday. We deal with enquiries and process work during these times only, however we also provide out of ours technical support for emergency issues. Our office is closed on weekends, standard/bank holidays and during the Christmas to New Year period.
If you call us and our telephone lines are busy please ENSURE you leave a voicemail so we are able to return your call.
Email is the recommended method of contact to ensure instructions are communicated in writing, should any issues arise.
For urgent or out of hours support we recommend you contact us by ALL methods listed below:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +44(0)845 475 4275
We cannot guarantee a set response time, however we aim to respond to urgent issues as soon as possible and this is often within 1 hour.
Our Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice. New Terms and Conditions are applicable from the moment they are posted on our website http://www.creativewebco.com/terms TERMS REF:CW27K0815
|Shopify Project Key Terms
- Project timelines are calculated based on the current work queue length, not the amount of time it takes to process work. A project is only booked into the work queue once an order has been confirmed, it is not necessarily immediately started on payment date.
- Due to the amount of enquiries we receive, the work queue is constantly changing. The timeline and quote offered is calculated based on the length of the current work queue at the time of issue and is valid for 48 hours, after this time we would need to re quote based on the current work queue.
- Project updates are provided by email at stages when we require information and feedback from you and projects are always delivered within the timeline provided.
- For the quoted price, any content must be submitted in one batch using dropbox in an agreed structured format. Further charges will be quoted for if content is submitted in multiple batches in an unorganised format.
- Our costs include the setup of any features mentioned only to work as per the default functionality of Shopify and your chosen theme if applicable. If any further advanced customisation, functionality or dynamic features are required then these will need to be quoted for accordingly. Theme costs are payable directly to Shopify and are not included in our fees.
- Content and communications must be received in a timely manner in order for the quoted timeline to be met.
- Shopify customisations can only be carried out within the limitations of the system. Any workarounds implemented could be affected if Shopify updates its system. Any amendments required to reinstate customisations after a system change would be chargeable.